IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Initial Acceptance Training for Shippers, Packers, and staff of Freight Forwarders. This 3 day Dangerous Goods by Air Initial Training Course gives participants the knowledge to interpret and apply the International Air Transport Association Dangerous Goods Regulations (IATA DGR) to shipments of dangerous goods and hazardous materials being sent by air. This course excludes IATA DGR Section 10 – Radioactive Material. Contact us for courses including Radioactive Material.
On successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the philosophy behind the regulations and being able to use the IATA DGR.
- Be familiar with the structure and general provisions of the IATA DGR.
- Be aware of the risks posed by the transport of dangerous goods and the consequences of their mishandling.
- Classify and identify dangerous goods.
- Find the relevant information in a Safety Data Sheet.
- Understand the selection, testing and marking of packagings.
- Know how to correctly pack dangerous goods.
- Complete the marking and labelling of dangerous goods shipments according to the regulations.
- Prepare a Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods and other documents for the transport of dangerous goods by air.
- Understand acceptance, handling, loading, unloading and segregation requirements.